How to apply for housing at Margaret Laurence House second stage housing.
As Margaret Laurence House has approximately six to eight vacancies a year, please feel free to contact us to check on the waitlist or ask any questions that you might have. We are always happy to spend time with you on the phone to help you to figure out if Margaret Laurence House is a good fit for your family.
Things to consider before you apply:
- Are you leaving an abusive partner?
- Are you willing to live in housing in which you are unable to give you ex-partner your address? All access visits with your children will need to happen away from Margaret Laurence House.
- Have you been out of the relationship a minimum of seven days prior to applying?
- Are you residing with your children who are under the age of 19?
- Are you free of drug or alcohol dependencies or currently in recovery?
- Are you out of acute crisis?
- We can accommodate one indoor cat but not dogs.